Be a part of something amazing
Royal Akarana Yacht Club is the base for some of New Zealand’s most respected and traditional fleets.
The M-Class, which has been active since 1922, is one of the oldest fleets still racing in New Zealand. The Flying 15’s, who are some of RAYC’s most active committee members and volunteers, train and race from the club. RAYC is also home to the 12 and 18′ Skiffs, who represent the club around the world. In addition to these classes, RAYC also hosts national and international events.
Our surf ski paddlers are the the largest group in the country and are very active with regular events in the calendar. The paddlers have a standing booking at the Akarana Eatery every Saturday and Sunday morning, also making them the most social group of members in the club.
A key focus of RAYC is our very successful academy, nurturing the next generation of sailors and are keenly supported by the club and its members. The Akarana Sailing Academy opens doors for our sailors of tomorrow to experience a wide range of social and competitive sailing, locally and internationally.
- Access to the world class facilities and amenities of an exclusive and Royal club on Auckland’s prime waterfront with the best views of the harbour in Auckland.
- Ample free parking on the doorstep of the clubhouse
- Use of the shower and change facilities
- Free Wifi
- Akarana Eatery discount
- Yachting NZ affiliation
- Meeting and function room booking discounts
- Merchandise discounts
- Sponsors products and service discounts
- Sail boat hire discounts
- Surf ski hire discounts
- RAYC professional coaching access and discounts
- Onsite storage / hardstand opion
- Discounted RAYC race entry fees and academy programs
- Discounted RAYC marine education and training courses
Renewing your membership? Click here
- 25 and over, Boat Owner Skipper / Crew, Surf Ski / SUP, Our most popular category
- Both parties 25 and over, Boat Owners Skipper / Crew, Surf Ski / SUP, Residing at the same address
- Parents and Children (under 25), Boat Owners Skipper / Crew, Surf Ski / Sup, All residing at the same address
- 65 and over, Or, a member for 20 consecutive years, Skipper / Crew, Surf Skif / SUP
- This category is exclusively for those who are members of Sailability Auckland
- Under 25, Skipper / Crew, Surf Ski / SUP
- A non-voting membership which applies to those persons otherwise eligible for Senior Membership and whose primary residence is outside of the Auckland Region, or to whom some other factor applies as may be approved by the General Committee.