Akarana sailor Ray Davies, who is tactician on board the TP52 “Sled”, has finished 4th at the TP52 World Championship event in Cascais, Portugal.
Sled Team Coach Rod Davis, is on his way back to Auckland, and will provide a full wrap up of the racing from his point of view.
The event was won by Quamtum Racing, with fellow Kiwi Dean Barker on the helm.
Check out the Day 4 highlights video to see how things panned out.
Rolex TP52 World Championship Overall Standings:
1. Quantum Racing (USA) (Doug DeVos) (2,1,3,4,1,5,1,5,1) 23 p
2. Azzurra (ARG/ITA) (Alberto and Pablo Roemmers) (1,2,2,7,6,1,5,1,2) 27 p.
3. Alegre (USA/GBR) (Andrés Soriano) (4,4,5,1,4,7,7,2,3) 37 p.
4. Sled (USA) (Takashi Okura) (8,3,7,2,3,2,3,6,4) 38 p.
5. Luna Rossa (ITA) (Patrizio Bertelli) (10DNF, 6,1,3,5,3,4,7,6) 45 p
6. Platoon (GER) (Harm Müller-Spreer) (3,5,6,6,9,8,2,3,8) (2 penalti) 52 p.
7. Provezza (TUR) (Ergin Imre) (5,9,4,5,7,4,6,8,5) 53 p.
8. Phoenix (RSA) (Hasso/Tina Plattner) (6,7,8,8,2,6,8,4,7) 56 p.
9. Onda (BRA) (Eduardo de Souza Ramos) (7,8,9,9,8,10,10,10,10) 81 p.