This policy is applicable in the following areas:
- Sailing School Courses
- Event / Regatta Entry
A tentative booking will be held for up to fourteen (14) days. If after fourteen (14) days the event is not confirmed, Royal Akarana Yacht Club may release the booking hold without notice.
Confirmation of Booking
A minimum deposit of $200.00 is required to secure bookings. Upon receipt of the deposit, booking form and signed copy of the terms and conditions Royal Akarana Yacht Club will forward a confirmation letter. The deposit will be deducted from the final account.
- All cancellations must be advised in writing. Where a client cancels a booking within three (3) weeks of the confirmed date Royal Akarana Yacht Club will retain the deposit.
- The deposit will be refunded where the booking is cancelled in writing more than three (3) weeks before the confirmed date.
- If the function is transferred to another date six (6) months prior to or after the confirmed booking date a transfer fee of $200.00 will apply. This transfer fee will be refunded if/when the original date is rebooked.
2. Sailing Academy Courses
- Bookings are to be accompanied by the prescribed course fee. A booking is not confirmed until payment has been received.
- Receipt of payment does not confirm that the course will be conducted. The Sailing Academy reserves the right to cancel or substitute a course at any time.
- Bookings can be cancelled prior to one (1) week prior to commencement of the course and a full refund of the course fee will be made (less any merchandise supplied)
- For bookings cancelled less than one (1) week prior to forty eight (48) hours before commencement of the course 50% of the course fee will be refunded (less any merchandise supplied)
- No refund will be given for cancellation received less than forty eight (48) hours prior to the course or for non-attendance at the course.
3. Events / Regattas
- All entries are to be received by the due date with the appropriate documentation
- All late fees must be paid if applicable
- Cancellation 48 hours or more from first race/regatta warning signal – 75% refund
- Cancellation 48 hours to 24 hours from first race/regatta warning signal – 50% refund
- Cancellation 24 hours or less from first race/regatta warning signal – No refund
- To be eligible for a refund all requests must be received in writing to email@example.com no later than 48 hours from the first race/warning signal