Live life and TRYsailing
TRYsailing is run on a weekly basis from the Royal Akarana Yacht Club Okahu Bay location and is open to anyone and everyone. No prior experience is required as your coach will be on board a 420 sailing dinghy with you!
The three hour session is designed to provide an insight on the basics of sailing and to give each student an understanding of the core elements of the sport.
Courses are limited to two (2) or three (3) students on board at any one time, however if you have a group of people, please contact us to make arrangements. TRYsailing is also a great idea for kid’s birthday parties or as a gift voucher for the perfect present.
Come on! TRYsailing today and get involved with a sport that you can participate in for years to come.
Don’t be afraid of TRYING!
|Days||Weekly on Sunday|
|Times||0900 – 1200|
|Coach||One (1) coach on board the 420|
|Junior Students||Ages 8-12 Maximum of three (3) on board + coach|
|Youth & Adult Students||Youth & Adults – Ages 13 and above Maximum of two (2) on board + coach|
|Cost||Junior – $70 per person
Youth & Adults – $80 per person
|Bookings||Bookings are absolutely essential to ensure that a coach can be arrange.
Please ensure you book at least 24 hours prior to your preferred course date.
- Final decision on sailors to coach ratio is with the Head Coach and no discussions will be entered into
- All sailing will proceed unless an official gale warning issued by MetService is in place at the time of the course
- Cancellations received within 24 hours of course commencing will not receive a refund and will not receive an option to reschedule. 100% of the course fee is forfeited
- Cancellations received outside 24 hours of the course commencing will receive a 75% refund and the option to reschedule at the next available date after agreement with the Head Coach
- All cancellations must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If RAYC needs to alter the course date at any time, a minimum of 24 hours notices will be provided where possible. The Head Coach will communicate with the contact persons regarding details of the cancellation and re-bookings. Communication will be via phone and/or email
- All courses must be paid for in advance and in full via the official booking form available on the RAYC website. Only paid bookings are confirmed
- Please check the availability calendar prior to making your booking
If you have any questions, please call our Sailing Academy Head Coach on 09 524 9945