Hamish McLaren and Henry McLachlan are placed third. McLaren and McLachlan are part of the seven boat Royal Akarana Yacht Club team attending this championship.
In 2015, the inaugural regatta for the class in New Zealand, Leifting/Dickson placed second overall and McLaren/McLachlan were fourth. They were also first and second respectively under 16 Division, qualifying them for the RS Feva World Championship which was held in Germany in June 2015.
This year Liefting & Dickson are hoping for the overall regatta win and will head back out today to finish off the regatta.
“It was a really good day on the water yesterday. Tricking conditions but we managed to get a couple of things to go our way,” said Liefing before hitting the water this morning.
Elizabeth Hayman and Poppy Hoskin are currently 20th overall in the 23 boat fleet. Hoskin, who was excited to be part of the regatta said “we had fun and felt like we improved a lot! It was just a shame that we were over the line in the second race!”
Racing continues today.
RAYC Results after three races
1. Eli Liefting / Rose Dickon (4pts)
3. Hamish McLaren / Henry McLachlan (9pts)
12. Louis Ralph / Joel Alexander (30pts)
15. Harry Butler / Charlie Tomlinson (45pts)
16. Oscar Little / Frances Douglas-Thomson (48pts)
17. Cameron Todd / Danny Su (51pts)
20. Elizabeth Hayman / Poppy Hoskin (56pts)